Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Two new sketches

Monday I took some time in Seattle and sketched in Volunteer Park. It was wonderfully relaxing! Although the Conservatory was closed it made a wonderful subject, especially in my long Moleskin sketchbook.

The Conservatory at Volunteer Park, Seattle

 Today's sketch is of my horse Percy. He was supposed to be getting his teeth done today but the vet had to reschedule until Friday due to car troubles. I decided to hang out with him over lunch. He's such a sweetie to hang with and so handsome too!

Percy at lunch today



On reflection I can see that my sketching is improving. I'm glad of this as it makes recording my world so much easier! I plan to turn some attention to a few fine art pieces over the next few days. I'm looking forward to that but hope that I don't miss my sketching too much. I suppose the beauty of a sketch journal is that it's supposed to be a relatively quick way of recording experiences.

I'm finding keeping a sketch journal quite addictive. Danny Gregory speaks about that. Well, I guess I'm hooked now. There are certainly worse things to be addicted to! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment