Monday, March 11, 2013

Daily report: On new printers and other things

My new printer/scanner/etc.

I realize it’s been a few days since my last update here and, as usual, there’s been a lot going on.

A few days ago my HP all-in-one printer died, leaving me without a scanner too. Horrors! After a few hours on-line reading reviews I decided on a new one, the Cannon Pixma MG5420. So far the new printer seems much less persnickety than my old HP, which had been something of a prima donna since day one. Here’s hoping that Pixma fulfills its role well.

I’ve been doing some clean-up editing on Book I for the past few days and over the weekend ran into a rough patch that needed some rewriting. My notes to self about rewrites are questions in the text added in orange italics. Whenever I run across these notes now, I whisper, “uh-oh” and grit my teeth. Fortunately, the chapter I was editing this morning didn’t have any orange marks, so I got a bit of a break there.

I’ve started work on the next book illustration. This one was a bit tricky to lay out as the style of illustration I’m doing has a rather flattened use of perspective and my initial sketches were all showing fairly deep one-point perspective. This was also playing havoc with my composition for the piece. I think I’ve got it all sorted out now and later today I’ll start laying out the final drawing.

P.S. Here's the first scan done with the new printer/scanner. It's a sketch I did the other night at a poetry slam in Everett. I really need to read the printer manual, clearly this thing can do a lot more than my old one. :-P

Watching the poetry slam

No comments:

Post a Comment