Monday, February 25, 2013

Daily Report

I am delighted to report that I have finished the rewrite of Book II's Chapter 28. This was the last major rewrite problem in the book. The rest will just be editing, I think. Not too bad at all. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle this particular change, but it had to be done, the chapter included too many direct references to things copyright-protected by large, nasty corporations. I knew that when I wrote it initially, but all the same it was kind of sad losing the reinterpretation of the "Help Me Obi Wan Kenobi," speech from Star Wars. *shrug* Oh well. Using that speech would have been way too much of a copyright risk for my new book. The new scene is much better anyway, more internally consistent to the world and a better lead in for something to come in Books III and IV.

So there you have it.

I'm planning on doing some inking later on tonight, but for now, a short rest before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment