Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fun Recycled Crayons!

Last weekend, I went to the Saturday Farmer’s Market in local Redmond, WA. As I wandered, I found myself thinking about an upcoming project (creating a series of themed coloring books.). While strolling, my eye caught on a sign that read, “recycled crayons.” I noticed a series of baskets filled with a plethora of bright shapes including ladybugs, motorcycles, and fish made from crayons.

I was drawn in like a magpie! I had a delightful conversation with the shop owner, Chelsea Johansen (of CheyLoCreations) and her mother and decided that I had to have one of the cute, vermillion ladybug crayons. The only problem is that I’m not sure I can bare the thought of disfiguring it by drawing with it! All the same, what a fun idea! If you'd like to pick up a few recycled crayons for yourself, Chelsea has an Etsy store, www.etsy.com/shop/cheylocreations, where you can see not only her recycled crayons, but also some of the her other wonderful products.

Chelsea tells me that she's at the Farmer's Market most every Saturday, so if you're in the area, do stop by and say "hi."


Recycled crayons with an undersea theme
My ladybug crayon 2"x 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment