Saturday, June 7, 2014

Plein Air Painting in Sedona – sunset on Tuesday

"Prickly Pear." Watercolor, 9"x 12"
Tuesday was our last day in Sedona. I had painted Bell Rock in the morning and I wanted to do one last painting in the early evening, after the temperature dropped somewhat.

Painting in the low light
For this last painting location we drove up to the lookout point on top of Schnebly Hill Road. What a beautiful spot from which to watch the sun set! As the light was fading fast, I decided to paint a smaller subject, some local prickly pear.

I painted until the light was almost completely gone. In fact, I didn’t even get a good look at the finished painting until we got back to our hotel room. By then, although I probably could have taken the painting further, I decided I liked it and left it alone.
Sunset in Sedona
What a fantastic trip! I am so looking forward to continuing my plein air painting adventures in the Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment