Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Been in Maryland for the past few days

I just returned from a very busy trip to the East Coast assisting my aging father with a house move. The trip was a lot of work but in between sorting, packing, and other errands, I was able to get in a little bit of sketching. Here are some of the sketches I did while on the trip, all done in graphite and black Prismacolor pencil in a gridded ledger.

This is "Chaz." He belongs to my Dad's best friend, Myron.

This East Indian sculpture is of Brahma riding his peacock.

These sketches were done in the waiting room of the
VA hospital in Baltimore. The man on the right was a
lovely priest by the name of "Angel."
P.S. I ran into watercolorist Susie Short at Daniel Smith's in Bellevue a few short (no pun intended) hours before leaving for Maryland. Susie was kind enough to show me some watercolor tricks for smoothing out my washes in the few minutes I spent with her. Now that I'm back I'm looking forward to trying out her suggestions in my next watercolor piece. Thanks Susie! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment