Monday, December 31, 2012

Concept Art in Watercolor

"The Lonely Tower"
© Sara Light-Waller, 2012
Some of the watercolor paintings I'm doing right now are also serving as concept art for my book. Although I'm not planning on illustrating the book as such, I am planning on doing some spot illustrations for it.

In this painting a strange, half-abandoned tower in seen the frigid wastelands of the north. My thought is that it's an abandoned alien lightning tower from about thirty years ago. Times have changed and technology advances, but such relics can still be found on conquered Earth. Perhaps my heroine chanced upon this place during one of her long hunting trips in the wilds of Alaska. If she did, she would have given it a wide berth, wanting nothing to do with Ciodali things, at least before the book begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment