Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Painting - “Ferns and Tree”


"Ferns and Tree" by Sara Light-Waller, watercolor 9"x12", 2012

Yesterday was Christmas and I decided to do a painting. We have a lot of ferns growing in the northwestern US where I live and being able to paint them can really come in handy when you’re out sketching. Today’s painting was watercolor enhanced with watercolor pencils in a 9”x12” Stillman and Birn Delta sketchbook. This was my first time using the Delta and I was much impressed. It took the paint quite well with relatively little buckling and withstood a moderate amount of scratching with ease. I did almost no scrubbing in this piece but what I did do it handled quite well. Thanks to Stillman and Birn for making such lovely and useful sketchbooks for us artists. :-)

Here’s my sequence for the painting:






No comments:

Post a Comment