Friday, May 25, 2012

I’m going to be in pictures!


Or at least one of my sketches will be. I was approached by a fellow who’s making a movie about Seattle’s Fremont Troll (which had its 20th anniversary in 2010) who wants to use one of my sketches in his movie. Hurrah! I’ve seen the trailer and it looks like it’ll be a fun and interesting film. The film, called “Hall of the Giant,” debuts in the Fall of 2012. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see it as part of SIFF 2013 either. Wouldn’t that be something? :-D

This is my sketch that will be used in the movie.
More news of “Hall of the Giant” as it comes up!

This is not the first time that I’ve bumbled into an extraordinary art installation. The first time was in the 1990’s in Tucson when the a major photographic group (The Society for Creative Intentions) included two of my photographic prints in their permanent collection - “Big Vision.” At the gala event they projected all the included photos against the wall of a downtown building! It was quite literally, massive! Both photographs remain in the Big Vision Permanent Collection in Tucson to this day.

It’s so much fun having wild and wacky events like this show up in your life. I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment