Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sketch of the Day - Santa Lucia Coffee Company

“At Santa Lucia.” Ink and Pitt Brush Pens in a Stillman & Birn
3.5 x 5.5 Zeta softcover sketchbook. Copyright Sara Light-Waller, 2016.

Today’s sketch comes from the lovely Santa Lucia Coffee Co. in Centralia, WA. The café closed before I was done, so I took it home for finishing touches. This is my first color piece in a while. It's nice to be back to color. The other thing that's nice about this piece is that it's the FIRST completed in the studio of my new house! The room feels great to work in and that makes me very, very happy. Studios are like good gloves, either they fit or they don't. And if they don't...you'll always feel uncomfortable in them, never able to truly relax into your art. (At least that's my opinion. I realize that it might not be shared by all.) Contrarily, I can draw just about anywhere. But my studio is HOME and needs to feel really good. This one does, which is great because I intend on using it for a very long time to come.

1 comment: