Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Creating colored pencil chits

In my spare time (haha) I've decided to create a library of colored pencil chits for color study. I have already made them for my Polychromos pencils and now I'm creating them for my collection of Prismacolors. Some of my Prismacolor pencils are so old that the color names have changed (but not the numbers) while others have been discontinued. In some cases this is a shame as I liked the "Deco" line of colors while they were around. It's an interesting thing to do and I find it very useful when picking out the color palette for a new piece. I have a particular hard-bound sketchbook that I use as a reference manual for these sorts of color library things. I don't intend to lose it...it would be hard to recreate what's in there!

Color swatches are the kinds of things I add to my sketchbook reference manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment