Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Emma Project

This Winter we moved into a new house and, after unpacking, I felt I was in desperate need of some art practice before getting back to regular work. I decided to do several pieces of the same subject in different media. In the last entry about MangaPets I introduced you to Emma, a beautiful kitty cat belonging to our dear friend Max. The MangaPet Emma was shown in the previous entry. But before I created that digital piece I also did several others, one of which is not yet completed. The first was a rough study done in charcoal and pastel.

The second, a pen & ink, is done in sepia ink as the base for a mixed media with watercolors.

I have been extremely interested in expanding my watercolor skills with much more lively watercolor mixes. I am still in the very early stages of this endeavor but hope to show some improvement as time goes by. We will see. Here is the thus far incomplete watercolor of Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment